Spring is just around the corner! This warmer weather means many things, including salads, as putting on the oven and heating up the house is a no go when its super warm. I love this bright colourful salad as a side dish of vegetables. It has lots of texture with the vegetables, feta and pumpkin seeds. You can add or omit whatever vegetables and ingredients you like. Toasted almonds or cashews would be a nice addition as well or raspberries or blueberries in place of strawberries. If you are like me and don't have much patience in the kitchen, cut the zucchini and carrot into batons instead of peeling them. Peeling does take longer however it is more aesthetically pleasing!
- 1 medium zucchini, peeled in long ribbons or cut into thin batons
- 1 medium carrot, peeled in long ribbons or cut into thin batons
- a large handful of baby spinach
- a large handful of rocket
- 60g reduced-fat feta, crumbled
- 1 punnet (250g) strawberries, halved or quartered
- 1 avocado, cut into even small pieces
- 1/4 cup pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1. Combine all the ingredients in a medium bowl. Toss well.
Serves / 4 as a side
Total Prep time / around 15 minutes